Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson won't be there no more...

I WAS courting my girlfriend in 1971 when I first heard Michael Jackson's song 'I'll be there.' He was then part of The Jackson Five, with his siblings, as they created a new history in pop music. I remember the song well because that was the year Kuala Lumpur saw its biggest floods. And everyone was whistling or humming Michael's song. The floods subsided but the Jackson Five, and especially Michael, soared to new heights of fame and glory. The world musical stage changed with Michael's entry, and he became a global brand and icon for years to come. When Ghazalie sent me a text message very early yesterday morning, I thought to myself - it was one hell of a wake up call! I did get to see Michael live in KL when he toured the far east many years ago. What a thriller it was! Today, Michael's no more. His music lives on; his famous moonwalk will resurface; and his CDs will be reproduced and continue to sell very well. May you rest in peace, Michael Al-fatihah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kalau boleh tahu,siapa girlfriend yang Dato' maksudkan tu?Hehehe...

Ahmad A Talib said...

Anon,

my wife..hehe