Monday, April 27, 2009

It's good to be back in Kuala Lumpur!

SALAM EVERYONE! I came back to KL on Saturday greeted by the demise of a former colleague, Razman Abdullah aka Rattan Singh, who served the New Straits Times group of newspapers in several capacities in the 80s and 90s. My condolence to his wife, Salmiah, and their children. May he rest in peace.I received many text messages from ex-colleagues informing of the death. If I was in KL earlier, I'd have paid my last respects to yet another loyal servant of journalism. Al-Fatihah.

There were other news that were interesting. Hopefully, I can blog about them in the next few days. The food in Jakarta was simply amazing, especially the nasi padang from several outlets. But there's nothing like some home-cooked asam pedas and sambal ikan bilis garing.

1 comment:

Kak Teh said...

Al Fatehah and our salam takziah to Salmiah.