Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bala, family and friends in Penang










FOR the benefit of friends who couldn't attend Bala's funeral in Penang, here are some photos I took when I was there. One of his daughters who stays in Norway couldn't make it in time but the rest of the family were there, including his brother PK who flew in from Sabah. The Scribe AKJ was there with his wife Kak Ton. Uma, an ex NST colleague was there too. Bala's two grandchildren took part in the proceedings, memories of tata (grandfather) Bala still fresh in their minds. Rest in peace, my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing Dato. Very thoughtful of you. May his soul rest in peace.

Sivaraman

Anonymous said...

thanks for the photos..

Fabian
Vancouver

Mej. Dr. Nor Ibrahim bin Sulaiman PTU TUDM (B) said...

Assalamualaikum Dato',

Yesterday, 24 Apr 2010, while pulling my trolley to tee-box hole #4 at Royal Kedah Club during Monthly Medal, I received a call from my brother. He told me that our cousin, Abang Mat, had passed away at his house in Damansara Utama at about 0630hr. He came back from 'solat subuh'. Unable to rush there due to time constraints. That's the price I've to pay for staying so far away!!

The game then was no longer a priority.

All I could offer was 'Al-Fatihah' and wrote a 'Balasungkawa' in my humble and unknown blog - xnuripilot.blogspot.com.